OSBA Insurance Agency
The Ohio State Bar Association created the OSBA Insurance Agency (OSBAIA) to provide individual and group insurance products that meet the special needs of its members, their families and staff. With the strength of the largest professional legal association in Ohio behind it, the OSBA Insurance Agency is able to negotiate with insurance carriers to develop insurance programs that meet the specific needs of our members. In addition to this negotiating power, the OSBAIA has a solid understanding of the level of service required by OSBA members. These benefits combine to provide OSBA members with an agency that is truly dedicated to being their partner in professional success.
- Steve Couch, Director of Insurance Agency
- Richard Creel, Vice President, Sales and Business Development
- Danna Blackburn, Sales Executive
- Tammy Thornton, Senior Sales Executive
OSBAIA Board of Directors
- Alan Berliner, Chair, Columbus
- Chad Burton, Dayton
- Steve Couch, Columbus
- Jack Stith, Cincinnati
- Barbara F. Yaksic, Cleveland
Various Insurance Offerings
OSBA Insurance Agency and Aflac
- Aflac adds that extra layer of protection your employees need.
- There is no direct cost to your company.
- Aflac processes claims in an average of four business days.*
- Aflac offers both group and individual voluntary insurance plans.
- Over 465,000 businesses nationwide offer Aflac to their employees.**
- Aflac is ethical and financially sound.
Why OSBA Insurance Agency? Because we:
- Work together with you to evaluate your current and future insurance needs.
- Make certain you understand every insurance option—every detail.
- Recommend the best options, based on your requirements and your budget.
- Continually review your plans to maximize coverage and minimize costs.
- Serve as your advocate and advisor with insurance companies, doctors, and hospitals. Assist in communicating with your employees, and provide ongoing education as needed.
Contact the OSBAIA at (614) 572-0616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Company Statistics, December 31, 2010.
**Aflac company statistics, June 2011.
Individual coverage underwritten by American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus. In New York, coverage is underwritten by American Family Life Assurance Company of New York. Group coverage underwritten by Continental American Insurance Company, which is not licensed to solicit business in Virgin Islands, Guam, and Puerto Rico. In California, group coverage underwritten by Continental American Life Insurance Company.
Business Overhead Expense Insurance
As a business owner with a company to run, you know how difficult it is to get away. What happens if you become disabled?
Could your business stay open while you were gone? Would the business be able to continue paying the bills if you were not working?
You can help protect your business should you become too sick or hurt to work.
Business overhead expense insurance benefits
- Keeps your business running while you recover from a disabling injury or illness;
- Helps you have a financially sound business to sell, should you need to do so;
- Pays the bills associated with running your business—so you do not need to dip into assets;
- Insures up to 100 percent of your covered business expenses;
- Ensures premiums you pay for coverage are tax deductible;
- Offers coverage for both total and residual/partial disabilities;
- Can mean the difference between staying open and closing your doors;
- Maintains goodwill with customers, vendors and creditors; and
- Helps retain business value.
- “Own Occupation” definition of total disability for all specialties
- Optional residual disability
- Optional non-cancel-able and guaranteed renewable guarantees with your premium will not change prior to age 65
- Up to $15,000 per month available based on earnings
- Up to $4,000 available to attorneys with no income documentation during your first two years of practice
- Lifetime benefits available
- Females save even more
Group/Firm Health Insurance
Our health insurance alliance with Medical Mutual of Ohio® provides qualified applicants with the opportunity to reduce health insurance premiums while improving coverage. This is possible through the pooling of interested OSBA members from across the state and negotiating with the buying power of a large group.
Along with exclusive savings opportunities, the alliance plan offers these special features:
- Portability—continued coverage option for the OSBA member and eligible dependents on an individual billing basis if you leave the group practice
- Widow/widower coverage—continued coverage option for the surviving spouse and dependents if the OSBA member dies while covered
- Retiree coverage options (including prescription drug coverage) for the OSBA member and eligible dependents
- No monthly administrative billing fee
Individual/Family Health Insurance
Now there’s a plan that puts your family’s needs first…just like you do. Nothing is more important than your family’s needs. And even though you continue to put your family’s needs first, your desire to protect them may be hindered by your ability to get proper life insurance. With the OSBA Family Value Life Insurance Plan, getting the added financial security you need for your family—no matter where you are in life—is easy and affordable.
- Level term and whole life policies available
- Coverage cannot be canceled because of age or health
- Policies available that offer benefits due to critical and/or terminal illness
- Coverage becomes effective as soon as your application is approved and your first premium is paid
- You will never be singled out for a rate increase
- Your spouse can apply for coverage even if you do not