October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Here are 5 Steps to Online Safety from The National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST):
- IDENTIFY what needs to be protected against cyber attack.
- PROTECT Limit or contain the impact of a cyber event through protective measures.
- DETECT precursors to the incident as well as attacks in progress.
- RESPOND to issues an incident creates.
- RECOVER from an incident.
Click to read more about the steps you can take for a comprehensive framework to manage cyber security risks.
If you have any questions about this or any other loss prevention topic, please contact:
Gretchen Koehler Mote, Esq.,
Director of Loss Prevention
Ohio Bar Liability Insurance Company