The FBI recently issued a Private Industry Notification (PIN) that APT actors in the near future likely intend to target US Cleared Defense Contractors (CDC) via spear phishing or network infrastructure compromises. The FBI warns that open source research of targeted US company websites, particularly sections containing contact information for company officials with names, titles, phone numbers, and email addresses often happens before the spear phishing campaigns.
- Know the threat! – Share this information with your clients and staff
- Be extra vigilant! – Check emails and verify they are legitimate email addresses
- Don’t open an email and NEVER click on a link unless you’re sure of its origin
- Keep your malware and firewalls updates
- Contact OBLIC if you experience a cyber attack
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Gretchen Mote at OBLIC.
Ohio Bar Liability Insurance Company
Direct Phone Line: 614.572.0620